Thursday, March 7, 2013

Music on the Radio??

This morning as I drove into work, I heard the DJ talking into a song on the radio and stopping mid-sentence so as to let the song begin. I instantly flashed back to the days where radio is where we got our variety! I miss the music of the 90's and sadly that's the era of music I know the most (secular) songs from, thanks to good ol' CKSY.'s 80, 90's and today!

I remember sitting on the floor in the living room, and calling the radio station to request to hear a song. My brother or I would have a cassette in the tape deck and our finger hovering over the record button. I think we requested Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden a lot.

Does anyone else remember that? The era before iTunes and YouTube? It baffles my mind to think that the TV Show the Bachelor started in 2002 when my friend Mariah was 2.5 so basically she has grown up with Reality TV, which started as we know it with Survivor in 2000. She never knew life before Reality TV! That thought even made Nick laugh the other day, talk about feeling old.

I can still picture the thing radio/tape player I had in my room when I was a kid. Or was mine pink and Michael had a green one?? I found a website with pictures of them. They're calling it Vintage. Ohh man. I'm feeling even older now!

Sharp Radio Cassette Recorder vintage tape player headphone FM AM Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment