Thursday, October 4, 2012

Random Weddings

You remember that age when you look up to all these people who are older than you and you feel so special when you get included in their life?

Well there are a couple weddings that stick out in my mind that I thought were sooo cool when I was young.

I got invited to Susie Groombridge's (Thames') Wedding and I think it was the first wedding that I specifically was invited... you know I wasn't invited because I was the kid of my parents.....  I was probably 12 years old or so... She had her reception in the gym of our church and she had a tent in the middle of the gym and that's where the newlywed couple sat. It was so different than normal! The groom also wore a kilt and bagpipped into the ceremony! How cool!


Another moment I remember was most likely way before that. I was invited to Susan Ewald "shower". But it wasn't a shower.. I can't remember the word for it... (I'll have to ask my mom) it was a lingerie display party... which sounds weird but it's a thing rich people do. She had invited women to her home and had fancy snacks and stuff and had all the "outfits" that she planned to take with her on her honeymoon!I  was just a kid, and I remember thinking that it was sooo cool!

I didn't go to this wedding, but Shawn was practically a brother to me so I wish I was at the wedding but I had another event that took priority in my mind. However one of the little boy's that were there, pulled the fire alarm in the middle of their ceremony! 

No comments:

Post a Comment