Thursday, October 4, 2012

Taking a Class with Mom

Ok a whole bunch of years ago, approximately around 1999... my mom and I decided we wanted to take a class together! How fun is that!! So we signed up for tole painting classes.

Tole Painting:  is the folk art of decorative painting on tin and wooden utensils, objects and furniture. Typical metal objects include utensils, coffee pots, and similar household items. Wooden objects include tables, chairs, and chests, including hope chests, toy boxes and jewelry boxes.

We took our classes from an eccentric lady who taught classes in her barn way out in the country! I wanna say it was Tuesday nights? I specifically remember that the time period that we took the class was the time that "Breathe" and "This Kiss" by Shania Twain were really big! I think every single week we were there it was on the radio at some point during our class.   Anyhoo each were able to do several projects. I did a green calendar holder, we both did matching cornucopia's .....
 

.....and we both did matching teddy bear Christmas ornaments, but the ornaments we painted differently.....  I still put the ornament and the cornucopia up every year at their respective holiday's!

It was such a fun thing to do together with my mom... if you are a mom, you should do something similar! When I'm a mom remind me to do it as well!

(Pictures to come hopefully!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment