Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's Dinner Time!!!

Here is a memory from my pre-teen-teen years!  My parent's made a rule that 1 night a week my brother and I had to cook! We were to find a recipe the week before, put the ingredients we would need on the grocery list and the cook it! It was a brilliant plan on their part because 1. they didn't have to make a meal 2 nights a week, and 2. now my brother and I both know how to cook a good meal.... now he can cook a meal way better than me, because well he was inspired so much by these cooking nights that he went to Sir Sandord Flemming College and majored in Culinary Management! He did several co-ops at several restaurants. He is a very good cook and we try to get him to cook as often as possible!

Well Thursday night was my night, Tuesday night was his.... the very first meal that I made on my Thursday nights was Broccoli soup with sour dough biscuits! It turned out delicious and over the years I have modified my recipe and turned it into a fabulously delicious soup! Even Nick who used to not eat soup, and wouldn't even try a small spoonful of my soup - now REQUESTS it regularly!!

(I have a tendency to write these posts in chunks, so read the 1 post below!)

No comments:

Post a Comment